Our story begins in the office of Ebenezer Scroogle. Once again, as the calendar turns from November to December, he hears the chatter about Cyber Monday and Christmas Sales, to which he replies with his usual “Bah Humbug”. However, this holiday season will not be like all the others for Ebenezer Scroogle is due to be visited by 3 ghosts to remind him of the value of the holiday season and how it can help him treasure the PPC season.
The Ghost of PPC Past
Ebenezer’s first visitor comes on Cyber Monday. It’s his old partner Jacob Miva. He tells him about how he ignored PPC best practices in his day and it cost him dearly. To avoid a similar fate, he warns Ebenezer to pay attention to the past. Namely, these top posts from the Clix Marketing blog that were the most read in 2014:
- Google Shopping Campaigns vs. PLA Campaigns – First Look – This post from Kirk Williams took a first look at the new Shopping campaigns Google had launched. Since PLA was retired and Shopping is the default, this was particularly forward-looking.
- Retargeting? Remarketing? What’s The Difference? – Heather Cooan took a hard look at semantics of remarketing and retargeting to ensure we are all talking about the same things when we use these new terms.
- How to Apply the 4 P’s of Marketing to PPC – Taking a classic marketing principle and applying it to PPC, Michelle Morgan gives a solid foundation for those old school marketers just getting into PPC.
- AdWords Campaign Settings You May Have Ignored – Campaign settings are the foundation to every campaign, but most people set them and forget them. Here are some settings you should review.
- PPC for Small Business: Dealing with the Budget Cap Crisis – Small businesses can compete with even the biggest advertisers…as long as they’re smart about it. John Lee tells you how to budget for the battle.
- #PPCFright2014 Day 12: Paranormal PPC Encounters – This post has some of the scariest PPC ghosts from professionals across the industry. Amy Bishop rounded them all up for this instant classic during our Halloween series.
- 4 Reasons Why Outsourcing Your PPC Helps You Grow Without the Growing Pains – Finally, this post from Mae Polczynski tells you how outsourcing your PPC to the pros can take you from zero to hero, just like that.
After reading, Ebenezer sees the wisdom of learning from the past. Now he wonders what to expect in his next visit from the Ghost of PPC Present.