Clix Marketing Case Study – Client A
In May, 2011 a company within the natural supplement industry asked Clix Marketing to manage their pay-per-click campaigns. The core objectives of the project were to increase sales and revenue, while achieving and maintaining a profit margin over 40%.
Analysis comparing first half of 2010 to the second half of 2010:
- 23% impression increase
- 24% click increase
- 36% revenue increase
- 41% transaction increase
Achieved profit margin of 40%
Analysis comparing year-to-date 2010 to 2011 (January-August):
- 193% impression increase
- 184% click increase
- 218% revenue increase
- 219% transaction increase
Maintained profit margins over 40%
High-level tactics employed to achieve these results included:
- Google Display Network optimization and expansion: Clix Marketing optimized the pre-existing GDN campaigns by removing under-performing sites, launching new ad texts, and restructuring ad groups. Also, Clix Marketing aggressively expanded the campaign’s reach on the GDN by launching new, targeted campaigns.
- Keyword list expansion: Clix Marketing conducted thorough keyword research in order to increase the total number of keywords within each campaign.
- Ad testing optimization: The ad testing within the campaigns had not been highly structured. Clix Marketing paused weak ad variations and launched new tests. The objective of these regular split tests was to increase click-through rate, conversion rate and Quality Score.
- Remarketing implementation: Clix Marketing launched a new remarketing campaign that targeted website users who did not make a purchase. The objective of this campaign was to regain that user’s attention and inspire them to return and purchase.
- Bid automation utilization: Clix Marketing initiated a series of tests in order to determine which bidding strategy suited this client optimally. We discovered that a blend of strategies for these campaigns was necessary.
- Conversion optimization testing: Clix Marketing provided suggests and insights to the client on how they may improve the conversion rate on the website.